Noa Yekutieli (b.1989) sees herself as a researcher of memory, who comes to life as a visual artist, as her art aspires to sweep its viewers into both individual and collective streams of consciousness.
Over the past few years Yekutieli has been conducting her autodidactic research on the subject of memory using a technique of manual paper-cutting, while focusing both on two dimensional work mostly in black & white and site specific installations.
This technique forces Yekutieli into a process of deconstruction and reassembly of material, which directly relates to the conceptual aspects of her work; the disintegration of both corporeal and spiritual worlds.
Yekutieli’s pieces are mostly based on pictures and images from natural and man-made disasters, through which she explores the contents and layered notion of the ephemeral.
In her most recent project, ‘Mountains of Narratives’, the images depicted in her work are taken from the artists’ travels and based on real external reflections from an environment and various realities in which Yekutieli was physically present. By doing this, Yekutieli raises questions regarding the notions of borders, both in the physical/political and personal realm.
This takes place by physically placing framed works in public and photographing the reflections captured in the glass of the frame.
Yekutieli has worked and exhibited internationally, and has work in numerous prominent private and institutional collections.
Born in California (USA), 1989
Lives and works in Tel-Aviv (Israel) and Los Angeles (USA)
- Solo exhibition, part of Mountains of Narratives, Gallery Alon Segev, Tel Aviv, Israel (upcoming)
- Lines and Borders, part of Mountains of Narratives, Galerie Sabine Knust, Munich, Germany (upcoming)
- Transitions, part of Mountains of Narratives, Open Contemporary Art Center, Taipei, Taiwan
- Particles, part of Mountains of Narratives, Treasure Hill Artist Village, Taipei, Taiwan (catalog)
- Around The Cracks, part of Mountains of Narratives, Bad Gastein, Austria (catalogue)
- While They Were Moving, They Were Moved, Gordon Gallery 2, Tel-Aviv, Israel (catalogue)
- Reflecting On Shadows, Artists House, Tel-Aviv, Israel. Curator: Rivka Bakalash
- What Doesn’t Bend Breaks, Gallery Schimming, Hamburg, Germany
- Uncontainable, Janco Dada Museum, Ein Hod, Israel. Curator: Raya Sommer Tal (catalogue)
- The Magnifying Glass and the Telescope, p/art, Hamburg, Germany
- Through The Fog, The Distance, Wilfrid Museum, Israel. Curator: Shir Yamaguchi & Anat Turbowitz (catalogue)
- Between All Our Intentions, Dwek Gallery, Mishenot Sha’ananim, Jerusalem, Israel. Curator: Raz Samira (catalogue)
- Incorporeal Reality, with Yael Balaban, Marina Gisich Gallery, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Special installation project, Fresh Paint art fair, Tel-Aviv, Israel
- 1952, Givat Haim Gallery, Givat Haim Ehud, Israel. Curator: Hanush Morag
- A Document of a Passing Moment, Artstation Gallery, Tel-Aviv, Israel
- Baggage, Al Ha'tzuk Gallery, Netanya, Israel. Curator: Maya Kashevitz (catalogue)
- We Forgot It In People, Opus DV, Tel-Aviv, Israel
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Nakanojo Biennale, part of Mountains of Narratives, Nakanojo, Japan (upcoming)
- Changjiang International Photography & Video Biennale organized by Chongqing Changjiang Museum of Contemporary Art (CCMCA), part of Mountains of Narratives, Chongqing, China
- On The Edge, part of Mountains of Narratives, Eretz Israel Museum, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Höhenrausch, Eigan+art Lab, Berlin, Germany
- Women’s Work, Ra’anana Gallery, Israel (catalogue)
- On Site Festival, Taipei, Taiwan
- There Is There, StArt collection, Tel Aviv, Israel. Curator: Sivan Gross
- Cut Out Line, Municipal Gallery, Kfar Saba, Israel. Curator: Meira Parri-Lechmann (catalogue)
- Alon Segev Gallery, Tel Aviv, Israel
- ART15, with Alon Segev Gallery, London, England
- Baggage, Neurotitan Gallery, Berlin, Germany. Curator: Hagar Bril
- Paper Art, Jaffa Museum, Tel Aviv, Israel. Curator: Paul Jackson (catalogue)
- Tabula Rasa, Ma’alot Gallery, Ma’alot, Israel. Curator: Noga Migdal
- Gestures, Artstation Gallery, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Galerie Musee Kums, Antwerp, Belgium
- Discovering Continents, Gordon 2 Gallery, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Partners, Chelouche Gallery, Tel-Aviv, Israel. Curator: Tal Amitai
- Paper Art in Israel ll, Eretz Israel Museum, Tel-Aviv, Israel. Curator: Dr. Sorin Heller (catalogue)
- The Female Being, The Zimmer Gallery, Tel Aviv, Israel. Curator: Mika Nesher
- Point of Views, Artstation Gallery, Tel-Aviv, Israel
- Art Moscow Fair, with Marina Gisich Gallery, Moscow, Russia
- Art Vienna, with Marina Gisich Gallery, Vienna, Austria
- SWAB art fair, with Artstation Gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- A Station in Time, Kfar Yehoshua, Israel. Curator: Michal Chenhai
- Fundraiser Elem, Opera Gallery, New York, USA
- Golconda Exchange, Contemporary Golconda Gallery, Tel-Aviv, Israel
- On a Small Scale, Zadik Gallery, Tel-Aviv, Israel. Curator: Hana Koman (catalogue)
- Jaffa Salon of Modern Art, Jaffa, Israel. Curator: Yaara Oren
- Buy Something, Gallery P8, Jaffa, Israel
- Other Places, Ba'alie Hamelaha, Tel-Aviv, Israel. Curator: Know Hope
- Portrait Exhibition', Riviera Gallery, Bat-Yam, Israel. Curator: Yona Reuveni
- 2014 ‘Young International Artist Award’ by Outset & The Tel Aviv Arts Council, for the most promising artist and potential for substantive international success in the future artistic career.
- 2014 'Mifal Ha'pais Grant' for artist book 2015
- 2015, Sommer Frische Knust, Kunstresidenz Residency, Alp Mountains, Bad Gastein, Austria
- 2015, Taipei Artist Village, Taipei, Taiwan
Works in Collections
Tel Aviv Museum of Modern Art
Various international private collections